Proposed Improvement Objectives and Indicative Actions
- Implement phase 2 of our customer focus programme
- Continue to implement our continuous improvement programme by embedding a Service Design approach to change and delivering a programme of prioritised improvement projects
- Develop new procedures to protect port health and to adapt to new Brexit transition arrangements (subject to legal guidance and decisions)
- Implementation of the £8m neighbourhood regeneration fund for capital projects.
- Encourage participation in sport and physical activity and continue to deliver the Playground Improvement Programme.
- Develop enhanced approaches to civic engagement and the involvement of the VCSE sector
- Deliver Employment Academies
- Deliver local business start-up programmes
- Support social enterprises and co-operatives
- Develop council’s strategic approach to climate change and facilitate partnership working to support delivery of the Belfast Climate Plan
- Continue the roll out of the Belfast One Million Trees Programme and complete the development of the Belfast Local Biodiversity Action Plan
- Reassess our statutory waste obligations and approach, taking into account any impact from the covid-19 pandemic and restrictions
- Initiate a 2-year pilot City Centre Capital Grant Scheme (Vacant to Vibrant) to bring vacant spaces in Belfast city centre back into use and support the revitalisation of the city centre.
- Continue to invest in and improve our recreational facilities and open spaces, including the redevelopment of Cathedral Gardens, ongoing development of the Lagan Gateway and Forth Meadow Community greenways, and the restoration and extension of Templemore Baths as part of the Leisure Transformation Programme.
- Support the adoption of digital innovation to address urban challenges through the delivery of the Belfast Urban Innovation programme, the establishment of the Smart District, strategic collaboration with Innovation City Belfast, and the drawdown of BRCD digital investments
We will continue to adapt and improve our services
We will work to support our communities, helping them to become stronger, healthier and more resilient
We will work collaboratively to support businesses, jobs and inclusive growth
Building and adapting to new challenges:
We will champion climate action; protect the environment and improve the sustainability of Belfast
We will continue to support our city to recover and innovate in a safe, inclusive and sustainable way